Fire Claims –
Dublin has a great network of emergency services and the emergency staff really go to every length possible when there is an emergency however from time to time, things do go wrong and fires can lead to large insurance claims. Should you incur a large insurance claim as a result of a fire, you are best advised to seek the advice of a Dublin independent loss assessor to assist you within all aspects of your insurance claim.
Water leaks –
Some policies provide no cover for the following,
- loss or damage to walls, ceilings and/or tiles caused by the gradual ingress or seepage of water from shower units, baths, permanently sited hot tubs, saunas or other sanitary fixtures.
- Loss of or damage to any fixed domestic heating installation due to wear and tear, rust or gradual deterioration.
- Remediation to a standard which will pose a risk to health or property or carried out by a contractor not approved by your insurer.
- Damage occurring after your home has been unoccupied for more than 45 consecutive days.
If any of these conditions appear confusing you are best advised to contact a Dublin independent loss assessor about your situation.
Stealing or attempted stealing –
Again, some policies provide no cover for the following situations and you are best advised to seek the advice of a Dublin independent loss assessor
- Loss or damage caused by you or your household or by any persons who has legally entered the premises.
- Loss while your home or any part of it is lent to any persons other than a member of your house hold or let to tenants or occupied by paying guests, not involving forcible and / or violent entry into or exit from the buildings or its domestic outbuildings or garages.
- Loss or damage by stealing not involving forcible and / or violent entry into or exit from the buildings or its domestic outbuildings or garages, where the property at the address shown in the statement of fact / schedule is left unattended.
- Where the property in the schedule is left unattended and an intruder alarm is installed but not operative at the time of loss the first €500 of each claim will be excluded.
- Loss or damage occurring after your home has been unoccupied for more than 45 consecutive days.
Contact a Dublin independent loss assessor if you wish to get a 30% for your insurance claim.